Sunday, October 12, 2014

E - Eleven Eleven Mississippi is Excellent

E was great!  Their website is www.1111-m.com.

Eleven Eleven Mississippi is Excellent

Although tucked away in a an easy to miss location, I can't say enough about Eleven Eleven Mississippi.  The services was terrific and the food was wonderful.

We started out with appetizers that were terrific.  I had the shrimp and corn bisque.  It was almost a meal in itself.  Perfectly seasoned and beautifully presented.

Wendy ordered the beet salad and a glass of Moscato.  I don't know which was best.  The wine was perfect (although I only had a taste) and the dressing on the beet salad should be bottled and sold.  I was so enchanted with the fresh beets served over a mixture of greens and dressed with a perfect dressing, that I have been having beet salad for the last several days at lunch.  Mine can't hold a candle to the salad served at Eleven Eleven Mississippi.

Wendy ordered the Prex Fixed special.  The first course was a smoked brussel sprout salad made with apples, red onions, pecans, goat cheese and a Dijon vinaigrette.  The second course was a Wonderful pasta served with dried tomatoes, thinly sliced fennel, a six minute egg and served with white balsamic butter and truffle salt.  The third course was pan seared snapper serves with mustard greens orzo, artichoke puree and a basil-caper gremolata.   Although all three courses were good, we both agreed that the brussel sprouts were a little too smoky, that the pasta was handmade and terrific.  We disagreed on the snapper.  I like my fish a little milder and I'm not a huge fan of capers, but Wendy was pleased. 

I ordered one of the four Oak Oven pizzas on the menu - I love mushrooms and the wild mushroom – sun dried tomato pesto pizza with spinach, caramelized onions and smoked gouda was not only great for dinner, but I brought pizza home with me because I saved the best for last - dessert!!!

Wendy enjoyed the Apple Caramellata, pieces of cooked apple served in puff pastry and sitting in a great caramel sauce and served with her favorite ice cream - cinnamon. 

I made the better choice - I had the Napoleon!  It was crispy layers of sugared phyllo that had the consistency of the top of crème brulee!!! I would have been happy with just the phyllo, but did Eleven Eleven stop there?  No, they added layers of amazing creaming vanilla custard and carmelized bananas.  Nothing I've had before or since has ever been better.  I will be returning, if only for dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment